The dissertation in the second year is now in the optional but I will suggest you to do the dissertation for gaining the practical knowledge of research. It is also known as the IGNOU MSW Research Report, IGNOU MSW Project Report or IGNOU MSW Research Paper.
Some of the benefits of doing the dissertation in the second year of IGNOU MSW courses are.
- You will learn about how to do the research.
- You will learn about how to take the professional interviews.
- You will learn about how to do the survey.
- You will learn about how to design the survey.
- You will learn about how to take the sample.
- You will learn about how to provide code to every data we have collected from the field.
- You will review the literature.
- You will gain knowledge of how to publish a paper.
Check some of the sample Research Questions For The Interview Purpose For Child Labor Project.
- How many children work?
- Why do children work?
- How many hours in a day children work?
- What about the daily wages?
- Is child labour caused by poverty?
- Do children involved in the hazardous work?
- What is meant by hazardous work of children?
- How many children are involved and in what sectors?
- What are some of the specific hazards for children in these sectors?
- What is the impact of hazardous work on children?
- What are the key steps required to tackle hazardous child labour ?
Important acts to study
- Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986
- Mines Act, 1952:
- Section 45 of Mines Act, 1952
- Factories Act, 1948
- The Merchant Shipping Act,
- The Motor Transporters Act, 1961
- The Beedi and Cigar Workers
- Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act 1976
- Explosive Act, 1984