Philanthropy is all about the love of humanity.
MSW-010 is another elective course in the second year of IGNOU MSW study. The title of this paper is Introduction to Philanthropic Social Work.
This paper covers brief information on the Philanthropic Social Work. The books covered information on the charitable social work in India. There will be complete guide on ethics and values of philanthropy. Human and financial resources for Philanthropic social work are the important blocks in this course.
You will also study about the contemporary issues in Philanthropic Social Work. Overall this paper will guide you about history, nature and scope of philanthropy.
Disaster Management MSWE-003 is one of the new papers in the MSW programme of the IGNOU. This new paper is recently added in the year 2013. It is the elective papers in IGNOU MSW Second Year.
The problem is that the text books from the IGNOU are still not coming to the students who enrolled in the new course.
One of my friends joined the course and still waiting for the Disaster Management books having the paper code MSWE-003.
Disaster Management is a key skill of any professional social worker. This is a special kind of management of resources and responsibilities for dealing with all humanitarian aspects of emergencies.
I have been worked with disaster management teams during my social work field work practice. I worked with the flood victims.
MSWE-002 Women and Child Development is new credit in the IGNOU MSW course. This paper will cover more information on the Women and Child Development in India.
After reading this title, the professional social worker will get deep ideas of working with the Women and Child. The assignment will be available in the course books or you can download it from the internet i.e. official website of the IGNOU. There are total 4 blocks in the paper and each block has the 4 units. Here is the title of the blocks and units.
Block 1 Status of Women in India
- Unit 1 Women down the Ages
- Unit 2 Situational Analysis of Women in India
- Unit 3 Women: A Vulnerable Group
- Unit 4 Women in Unorganized Sector
Block 2 Women and Development Initiatives
- Unit 1 Global Initiatives and UN Safeguards for Women Empowerment in India
- Unit 2 Policies and Programmes for Women Empowerment in India
- Unit 3 Support Services
- Unit 4 Gender and Development
Block 3 Status of Children in India
- Unit 1 Profile of Children in India
- Unit 2 Girl Children: A Vulnerable Group
- Unit 3 Children in Critical Circumstances
- Unit 4 Situation of Adolescents
Block 4 Care and Safeguards of Children
- Unit 1 Global Initiatives and UN Safeguards for Children
- Unit 2 Policies and Programmes for Children in India
- Unit 3 Positive Parenting
- Unit 4 Role of Social Worker in Child Care Settings